Thursday, June 9, 2011

9 Months

Happy girl at 18lbs 9oz...Whoa!
Sweet Sisters before bed
Are we done yet?

Can it be? Is it true? Our baby is 9 months. Really? Oh. My. Goodness. I just can't believe how fast it has gone.

'Curious' tops the list of adjectives to describe our youngest daughter these days. Mara loves to look at and touch new things. I can usually entertain her during fussy times with a new 'something or other' from the kitchen drawers. Her other favorite thing, of course, is to watch Jeryn playing or running around the house. She has started intently watching her, like she is trying to figure out how she can run and jump too! It is so sweet.

She has not yet started to crawl, but is ready to GO! She rocks up onto her knees and either face plants or sits back down. Reaching and grabbing at everything is her new pastime-she got a hand/armful of hummus outside at our picnic lunch today and really liked it! It won't be long! What will I do with two of them on the go?

Gerber's Puffs...I think she finally figured them out. For awhile she would almost choke on them, but this week she learned not to inhale them. She is still nursing like a champ daily and actually refused a bottle for two days while I was at a class for work. Talk about stress out her dad! Apples are her new favorite food to chew on. I cut an apple into quarters, put her in her high chair in the kitchen and she gnaws on that while I make dinner. It works out perfectly!

Her smile is still infectious, it really is! And her giggle...don't even get me started on her awesome giggle! We captured a little video of it this week. I will try to get it posted. I can't begin to describe how my heart swells with more love for her each day.

What more is there to say? I can't believe I will be planning a FIRST birthday again in three months. WOW!

No comments: